If you have taken the open water diver course, you have been trained on the basics. You now know how to handle simple issues should they come up when you are diving, you can properly set up your equipment, you know why you should have a dive buddy, and more. What you have acquired is a learner’s permit, but there is still more that you need to learn – advanced equipment, techniques, and skills. Here are some reasons why you should take the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course:
- Depth – You will get a recommendation to go deeper. Initially, you can only go as deep as 60 meters but with the advanced certificate you can go as deep as 100 feet. There are particular dives that you can’t go on without this particular certificate such as wreck dives.
- New Equipment – You will need more equipment for the advanced course. You will find that if you are going on a night dive, there will be a need for lights. If you are looking at underwater digital photography, you need to handle cameras first before you can go out to buy your own.
- Discover your interests – As you begin to go into advanced scuba diving, you will find out what is of interest to you. Perhaps you will like deep diving, exploring shipwrecks and more. The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course gives you opportunity to then go out and try a variety of dives.
- Specialty course – As you begin your advanced course, you will also have simultaneously started the specialty course because it only requires 4 dives in order to get certified. After you have taken 3 dives for a particular specialty, you will become specialty dive certified.
- Hardly any classroom time – This dive certification is mainly a practical course. You will basically get a manual, which is the course’s textbook. You will need to complete the various knowledge reviews, go through the discussion session prior to going into the water.
- New dive buddies – Whenever you sign up for this program, you will have to make new dive buddies. With time, you will begin to know how your buddy dives, the gear they use and their schedule.
- Rescue diver – By completing the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course, you will be completing a prerequisite for the rescue diver course.
- New Environments – You may find that you experience different environments for your dives. Sometimes a night dive, other times a drift dive, using nitrox and so much more.
If you have already taken your Open Water Diver Course and ready for the next course for PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course, Scuba Center Asia provides this course for you in Nusa Lembongan. Here we provide PADI Course like Scuba Refresher, PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Advanced Open Water and many more. Here more information about PADI Course in Scuba Center Asia. Finally, we hope this information could help you to next step in your diving course.