When you cross the Badung Strait from Bali, you come to Nusa Lembongan. This is a great place to go diving for several reasons. One reason is for sure go diving Lembongan! And more:
Go Diving Lembongan
- Catch a glimpse of Mola Mola – This is one of the few places where you can see the Mola Mola, also known as the sunfish. Not only that, but you can actually go diving with them around Lembongan island. These fish are quite large and shaped almost flat. Most people describe it as looking like a head with fins above and below. Many times, they can be found close to the surface where they get cleaned by other fish or just want to sunbath and get warm again. This is for sure one of the best reason for go diving Lembongan. But there is more!
- Meet and great with the graceful Manta – Go diving Lembongan also means a high chance of scuba diving with a Manta! Maybe not just one, but 5 or 10 or 12! Lembongan bigger sister island called Nusa Penida has the luxury of having a healthy population of the reef Manta’s. Along a few dive sites on the south side of the island like Manta Bay, Secret Manta or even Manta Point you have a high chance of a meet and great with these beautiful graceful creatures the Manta Alfredi (scientific name for the reef Manta).
- Access to several dive sites – If you will be staying at Lembongan Island, planning your dives is easy. There are many different dive sites and you can explore them all. Some of the dive sites include Mangrove Point. In Ceningan Island and Nusa Penida, you could visit Manta Point, Buyuk point, Crystal bay, Toya Pakeh point, Ceningan wall, SD Point and Ped Point.
- Other activities – There are several other activities that you can enjoy apart from diving on Lembongan. You should consider surfing, laying out on the beach and other water activities. There are activities that are great for children and the entire family. If you make your way to Mushroom Bay, you can hire a SUP (stand up paddleboard) or wake boards and have a great time. Avoid using a banana boat though if you ask us. Sea Kayaking and SUP is an environmentally friendly sport that one can enjoy. You may also want to go out and explore around the mangroves on a traditional boat, foot or kayak. This is the ideal activity for anyone looking for peace and tranquility besides go diving at Lembongan. Bird lovers will enjoy it too for the bird species variety if offers.
- Accommodation is easy to find – At Lembongan, you can expect to find a wide variety of accommodation options. Besides the crazy luxury villa’s you still can find proper budget accommodation, such as homestays, however the rates for the various available hotels are quite reasonable. The hotels you find them located on the beach with multiple swimming pools, spa facilities, and computer access and fitness centers. The homestays you can find located more in land. If you want proper luxury there is also a lot of options there. But the island views itself gives you a luxury feeling already.
Lembongan is an ideal place to go for a honeymoon, family vacation or a vacation with friends. With great places to stay and awesome things to do, you should consider it as your next diving spot. If you come to Nusa Lembongan for diving, don’t forget to diving with Scuba Center Asia! We here to help you to get an awesome experience for diving in Lembongan.