One thing we can agree on is your love for scuba diving brought you here.
Start today! And don’t wait until this pandemic is over. You can start today with your online crew pack!
Are you are already a rescue diver, and looking to take the first step on the PADI professional ladder? Or have you completed your advanced open water and want to take your scuba diving skills to the next level?
There are important things you want to consider before taking your divemaster course.
We hope by the end of reading this you have some clarity on all things divemaster course related.
Here at Scuba Center Asia, we are proud to offer divemaster courses all year!
Motivations and Reasons to become a PADI Divemaster
So the first question you should ask yourself (and we want to know, too) is why? Why do you want to become a divemaster candidate (DMC)? What will it mean for you?
We have seen a variety of people walk through our door to become PADI Divemasters for a variety of reasons.
We can list the benefits, but it’s important you’re motivated for the right reasons.
Benefits of becoming a PADI Divemaster
- The PADI Divemaster qualification is a globally recognized qualification. It’s a passport in itself to be eligible for work opportunities globally.
- PADI qualified to lead certified divers on fun dives.
- Personal development with both diving and people skills.
- Learn different ways of assisting and teaching.
- Become a role model for students and certified divers.
- How to navigate and map dive sites
- Be able to give safe and informative briefings
- Master rescue and scuba diving skills
- Transform your scuba diving into a platform you can earn an income from.
- Being able to shadow and learn from experienced scuba diving instructors
- Assist on Discovery Scuba Diver (DSD), Open Water (OW), Advanced Open Water (AOW) courses.
- Turn your passion into a career!
Picking a location
Picking a location for your divemaster course is also important.
Some people prefer the convenience of location over going to a new location that may be further away. Some prefer to scuba dive in warm tropical waters others don’t mind colder waters.
There are many locations around the world that are famous for the scuba diving sites they offer. These locations also boast warm weather, clear seas and relaxing environments.
If you choose to complete your divemaster in a location closer to home, you would learn the same material.
It is also very important to remember the timescales you have available.
A sensible amount of time to complete your Divemaster course is 6 weeks. Anything less than this may leave you feeling rushed or that you didn’t get the most out of it.
Why your PADI Divemaster at Nusa Lembongan?
The island of Nusa Lembongan is famous for its dive sites.
It has warm tropical waters (27-30°C) most of the year and colder waters (16-27°C) between July – September. The cool thing about the colder waters is that they bring up the Mola Mola!
Staying on Nusa Lembongan is a popular choice!
The Island is beautiful with only scooters and some cars. Lembongan has a real island vibe. It is also connected to Nusa Ceningan by the famous Yellow Bridge! Nusa Penida is a bigger island with lots to explore, many cars and big roads. Much better to take day trips here to explore rather than stay on Nusa Penida. Yes! The scenery of Penida is Insta famous. We dive every day around Nusa Penida and Lembongan dive sites, so you will not miss out on those Insa famous shots. Within your Divemaster course, you have plenty of opportunities to visit Nusa Penida. In this case, you have the best of both worlds.
The island is famous for its dive sites Manta Bay and Manta Point where you can see manta rays. Also when the water temperature drops you have a chance of seeing the famous mola fish. These are two reasons alone why we know Nusa Lembongan is an excellent choice.
The variety of dive sites available also help to sharpen your scuba diving skills. The dive sites will give you the chance to dive in the current (drift dives), no current and dive sites with a surge.
Nusa Lembongan also has a very established scuba diving community. Having this community is great for networking, and socializing with like-minded people.
Becoming a PADI Divemaster takes commitment, but is also an enjoyable and rewarding experience! Don’t you worry about that! During your 6 week internship, we make sure you don’t miss out on the fun times. You live on a paradise island with plenty of sunshine, beautiful beaches, and epic sunsets!
Getting to the island is also easy as we are only a 30-minute boat trip from Sanur, Bali. There are plenty of fast boats landing on our Mushroom beach every day. But we tell you about the different travel schedules once you are here.
Breakdown of PADI Divemaster course
Below is a breakdown of the full PADI Divemaster course. You will need to complete these things before becoming a qualified PADI divemaster.
- 40 logged scuba dives
- Rescue Diver certified
- Emergency First Responder (EFR) certified within the past 24 months.
- A signed medical statement from a doctor, stating you are fit for diving.
- 60 logged scuba dives
- Divemaster theory
- 2 theory exams
- 400m swim test
- 800m swim test
- 15 min treading water
- 100-meter tow
- Rescue exercise 7
- Search and Recovery workshop
- Deep dive or Deep Diver Specialty (go to 40m!)
- PADI AWARE Conservation workshops
- Assist on Open water courses
- Assist on Discovery Scuba Dive (DSD) experiences
- Leading fun dives independently
- Boatmaster and logistics
- Shop duty
- Dive site mapping
- Demonstration techniques of dive skills at Pro level
- Equipment exchange
- Emergency action plan and incident report
- Assisting in continuing education courses like the PADI Advanced course and PADI Rescue course.
What’s included in your Divemaster course with Scuba Center Asia?
You want to know what’s included as part of your Divemaster course. Here at Scuba Center Asia Lembongan, our divemaster course is known as the best! Especially your snorkeltest!
Included in your PADI Divemaster course at Scuba Center Asia Lembongan:
- On-site poolside accommodation available
- Brand new swimming pool to practice your skills
- One on one time with our PADI Course Director on a regular base
- Unlimited scuba diving when assisting courses and fun dives
- Free scuba dives when not focussing on your Divemaster course
- Flexible start dates and finish dates
- Free use of our scuba gear.
Why do your Divemaster course with Scuba Center Asia Lembongan?
- Regular team bonding BBQ nights with FREE beers!
- You will work closely together with legendary dive instructors
- Staff and Divemaster get-togethers
- The BAR NEXT Door! The only bar connected to the dive centre and your home base.
- Access to the highest dive education by our in-house PADI Course Director
- Access to the deep and big training pool
- Access to the different conservation programs that Scuba Center Asia offers you
- One on one time with our PADI Course Director Kim
- Amazing dive sites of Lembongan, Ceningan, and Nusa Penida
- Chilled Island life
- Beautiful sunsets and beaches
- Online Dive theory crew pack.
- No extra weekly fee if your schedule gets delayed.
- Big discount on your IDC with Kim if you like to continue your dive career!
We hope the above has helped to shed some light on what to consider before making a decision. Becoming a PADI Divemaster is a fantastic achievement! Whether this is for professional development or to elevate your scuba diving skills.
Your next step after this?! Your dive instructor course, the IDC!
We’d love to hear from you if you’re interested in going PADI Pro! Ask us anything and get in touch with us.
What are you waiting for?